Thursday, September 1, 2016



Hey, I'm Brandon. I welcome you to follow my journey in education here at John Carroll University




I would like to teach high school chemistry. I'm also thinking about teaching math, but we shall see how that goes in the course of this semester.




I am a veteran of the U.S Navy, proudly serving a total of eight years. I love sports. I am a big Cavs fan, and yes we are still basking in the glory of them winning last years NBA Title. I love football, played a little myself, nothing major but I love the game. I currently coach for South Euclid Jr Arcs.


It is important to be a positive role model and make a difference in young people's lives. Help them find their purpose or put them on their own path of discovery. One thing that I will use in my teaching to help reinforce this, is suggest that they read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. This is a book about self discovery and paying attention to the experiences and people that come into your life that act as guides and teachers in your journey.


For me to be comfortable is a interactive class session. Since this is an education class interaction between classmates and the teacher will help develop those skills.


One of my fondest memories of school was when I was scolded by my biology teacher in my senior year of high school. It was about not applying myself and using my full potential. That conversation has stuck with since graduation high school. This something that I want to pass on.


Some of the issues that education is facing is that the level of education is not equal across the board for all schools. School is also a team effort with the teacher, student and parent. One of the goals is to find ways to keep everyone involved. The second is to seriously connect with the students and help encourage they to be more proactive in the things that they enjoy. Be the best they can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment