Thursday, May 11, 2017

Field Blog #5

Shaker Heights High School
Angela Harrell-Math

Today is project day. Working on collecting data, analyzing, and graphing the data. Students are working in groups compiling data explaining their analysis of the data. This project is a very useful and important skill to learn being that the student will definitely have to do this many more times in furthering their education. I appreciate this project because it is practical and very useful. What I have  noticed with Ms.Harrell is that she does not just teach the lesson but make the lesson practical that can be used in the future and that the students learn it and it stays with them. When I was a younger student it annoyed me to be given concepts with no context. The classic thought of "Learning things that I will never use." Ms. Harrell teaches in a manner that shows them that they will be using what she teaches and show the practicality. This kind of teaching enables the student to be engaged in class and be encouraged about learning. I definitely appreciate Ms.Harrell and her classroom presence. I will definitely incorporate this into my development in becoming a teacher. Ms. Harrell truly loves her student and her student truly love her. This is my final day of observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment